MacKay & Company and FinditParts are combining their respective market expertise to more closely examine the online parts purchasing patterns of medium and heavy duty fleets.
The study will leverage MacKay & Company’s market research experience in the commercial vehicle market and FinditParts’ online parts buyers.
Highlights of the preliminary exploration include:
- 55% of fleets in our sample have purchased a Class 6-8 truck or trailer part ONLINE.
- 45% of those who don’t purchase parts online indicate deterring factors such as lengthy delivery times, desire to speak with a salesperson, the need to know a part number.
- Of the 45% who DO NOT currently purchase parts online, nearly half of these fleets plan on making online parts purchases in the future.
Those fleets purchasing parts online are driven by price, availability and convenience.
Our extensive study will examine:
- Profile of the online customer
- Product types purchased online
- Online parts purchase frequency
- Online parts purchasing expectations
- Website uses – price shopping, parts comparisons, parts education…
- Understanding online parts purchasing channels – email, ecommerce site through dealer/independent channels, online commerce sites
- Sourcing Issues